THINGS TO KNOW FOR YOUR FIRST YOGA SESSION......
- try to arrive on time. If you're late, no problem, come in and find yourself a mat as quietly as possible.
- shoes off before entering the studio.
- yoga is practiced in bare feet, and in comfortable clothing. Layers are recommended as you will warm up and cool down over the duration of the class. Throw on something comfy and come join us!
- bring a water bottle with you (we have lots of lovely mats ready and waiting for you).
- please make sure that your mobile phone is turned off. For obvious reasons e-mailing and texting during class is just not cool.
- we have storage for all of your personal belongings so they will be safe while you practice.
- it is recommended not to practice with a full stomach. A light snack before class is fine, e.g. fruit or yogurt.
- at Yoga West, some teachers do hands-on adjustments to help assist with postures. Please let the teacher know before class if you have any injuries or limitations, or do not wish to receive adjustments.
- try to stay for the entire class. Resting your body in Shavasana is a big part of the yoga experience. If you need to leave early, please let the teacher know before class starts.
- accept and love yourself for where you are at. Remember to enjoy the “in-between” parts of the journey. Each moment we are given is an opportunity to be here and enjoy now.
WHAT CLASS SHOULD I CHOOSE?
The Yoga Basics class is designed exclusively for new students and experienced yogis looking for a refresher. We teach the fundamentals of yoga postures (asanas), correct body alignment and breathing techniques. We will offer insight into the principles of yoga philosophy and how to cultivate a mind body connection. The supportive environment of this class will provide you with the necessary foundation to develop a safe and rewarding yoga practice. Hit the schedule button to get started...